Monday, December 22, 2008

Dessert Cheeseball


We had an hors d'vours party last night and yes, yes, I know this is a dessert -- but if you really think about it -- it's quite a "lite" take on a normal cheese-cakey dessert -- considering that a normal cheesecake recipe usually calls for multiple bricks of cream cheese and one serving is like an eighth of the pie -- well this one has one 8 oz cream cheese and you just have a taste on a lowfat graham cracker (no butter and sugar added for a crust, thank you very much). Did I make a good case?
1 8 oz cream cheese, softened (I used non-fat)
1/2 c butter, soft -- or peanut butter
1/4 t. vanilla
3/4 c powdered sugar
2 T brown sugar
3/4 c mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used regular size)
3/4 c. finely chopped pecans. (I only used like 1/4 c.)
Beat first 3 ingredients 'til fluffy. Stir in sugars, then chips. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours. Roll in a ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 more hour. Just before serving, roll in pecans and serve with graham crackers.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Very good case! I love this treat...