Monday, July 12, 2010

Steamed Red Potatoes

really, I call these roasted potatoes -- but since they're not technically roasted, I guess I've been wrong all this time. But this is my favorite side dish in the summer because they don't heat up the oven or even the stovetop -- and they're QUICK and delish! Last night we had them with steak when what I envisioned involved lots of garlic, seasonings, butter, cream, smashing (mmmm) but then I thought about how I need to really stick to the ol' healthy lifestyle and this ALWAYS turns out to be a much better option for us. The kids even like them because they think they're fries and want ketchup for dipping. Directions:

Cube red potatoes into as big of peices as you want to serve. Throw them in a microwave safe bowl -- preferrable one with a lid. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, seasoning salt and parsley and toss to coat. Microwave, covered, on high, until spuds are tender. I always start with 3 or 4 min. and go from there.
Also: if you DO want to heat up the oven, or just have really good A.C. these are so delish really roasted too. 450 degrees and the kids really KNOW they're fries then!

No comments: