Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sushi -- California Roll




California Roll basic ingredients


Seaweed sheets (in the Asian section)

sticky rice (we just made rice with a little less water -- which doesn't make it true sticky rice, but whatever)

imitation crab

julienned avocado and cucumber

mayo (or miracle whip added the vinegar/sugar effect that is supposed to be added to the rice after it's cooked -- so I liked that too.)


and since the Iron Chefs all say it takes YEARS to master the rolling of sushi, let alone the right way to make the rice and cut the fish etc, I won't even attempt to try to tell you how it's done. Ryan and I just tried to assemble and roll the best we could. or not even the best we could -- really, we were just anxious to eat the stuff. And eat it, we did.



No comments: